Concordia Lutheran Church Cemetery
Our country church is proud of a history that dates back to the Norwegian immigrant farmers who began settling in Moland Township in 1870. For over a century, members have gathered at this place on the banks of the Buffalo River to celebrate the landmarks of family life - birth, confirmation, marriage and death - drawing strength from and giving witness to the power of their Lutheran faith.
In today's noisy, fast-paced world Concordia offers a peaceful place for quiet reflection. The sound of the wind rustling through the trees along the river, the clean, fresh country air, and fields stretching to the eastern horizon help make attending Sunday morning worship at Concordia more than just another demand in a hectic schedule.
Concordia Congregation is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. In 2004, responsibility for its cemetery was turned over to an independently incorporated cemetery association. This website is a joint project, intended to keep both current members of Concordia Lutheran Church and its extended family, represented by the Cemetery Association, informed about the community's events and activities.
The Congregation and Cemetery Association publish a joint newsletter, "Concordia News," which is available on the website. Along with our events calendar, message board, and other useful information, church history and cemetery records are available on-line for the genealogical researchers among us.