Jevnaker Lutheran Church & Cemetery
Jevnaker Church is located in SW 1/4 of Section 33, 4 miles east and 2 miles south of Borup, MN. The cemetery is located 1/2 mile east of the church. Jevnaker Lutheran was organized in 1883 affiliated with the Hauge Synod. Services were first held in sod houses, but a house was moved to a piece of land deeded to the congregation in 1889. A church building was constructed in 1896. As congregation members moved further west, the church was moved about 3 miles in 1901. Although in Hagen Township of Clay County, the "Old Jevnaker Cemetery", there are some Rockwell Township burials here. It is believed that the Hagen Township site was the site of the original Jevnaker Church.