Shelton Memorial Park
The Shelton Memorial Park has provided burial space for over 120 years and has over 11,500 interred there.
The following organizations established the original sections of the park: American Legion, & Veterans of Foreign Wars 1945, Holy Cross (Catholic) 1890, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and the Masonic Lodge 1887. The Mason County public section called Mount Hope had it's first buriel in 1889. Hawthorne Lane was added around 1976. The Shelton Cemetery Association was formed around 1910. The dates are approxmate.
Shelton Memorial Park is a non profit organization managed by nine Trustees of the Shelton Cemetery Association. The Park is operated by an Office Manager, a Grounds Manager, and a Park Attendant.